Caring and Skilled Elder Law, Estate Planning
and Probate Lawyers in Venice, Florida
Assisting clients so they can plan for the future with confidence
Mazzeo & Staas, P.L. is dedicated to helping Venice, Florida seniors and individuals of all ages and their families make the best legal, financial and care decisions for the future.
Whether helping you secure long term care, determining if you are eligible for Medicaid, preserving your assets or ensuring your wishes are honored in a valid estate plan, we are committed to providing you the high quality service and personal attention you deserve, from your initial consultation onward.
We start by getting to know you so we can understand your unique situation and legal goals. We tailor our services to match your requirements as we communicate with you, educate you about the law and guide you through the legal process. We help you make informed decisions about the care you want and deserve in case of accident, disability, illness or death. At the same time, we can help you protect your assets.
Mark W. Mazzeo and Kevin G. Staas have extensive experience:
- Mr. Mazzeo is a past president of the Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys. He also previously served as president of the Venice Englewood Bar Association, as chair of the Annual Public Benefits Seminar of the Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar and as a board member of the Twelfth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee.
- Mr. Staas practices exclusively in the arena of elder law, including Medicaid eligibility, asset preservation, estate planning, estate administration, probate, special needs trusts and disability planning. Mr. Staas' prior service as a criminal prosecutor with the Office of the State Attorney for the Twelfth Judicial Circuit also aids in the identification and prosecution of exploitation of the elderly cases, which are both criminal and civil in nature.
Protecting those you love in Florida
We assist you in planning for your future and the future of your family in the following areas:
- Elder Law ― We provide elder law counsel and representation to people of retirement age on legal issues such as estate planning, Medicaid eligibility, guardianships, powers of attorney, wills, trusts, special needs trusts, protection against fraud and planning for healthcare so your family assets are not depleted.
- Estate Planning ― We can arrange for the distribution of your property according to your wishes, while minimizing gift, estate and inheritance taxes. We prepare the appropriate documents, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, living wills and proxies.
- Probate and Trust Administration ― We understand how hard it is to begin the legal process after a loved one dies. We can assist you with proving the will or trust is valid, transferring your loved one's property to the beneficiaries, posting notice of trust and resolving any debts. With trusts, we guide you through an abbreviated probate process and can inform you about when the trust is going to terminate.
Proudly protecting clients in Florida
Mazzeo & Staas, P.L. assists people in Venice and throughout Sarasota County in Florida.
Experienced elder law and estate planning representation in Venice, Florida
For experienced assistance with your elder law, estate planning and probate needs, call Mazzeo & Staas, P.L. at 941-408-8555 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.